Supplementing during pregnancy is important to help support for healthy pregnancy and development of the baby. Eating vegetables, fruits, lean proteins and such can provide some of the key nutrients but not all. On that note, here are the top 5 best prenatal vitamins that can help every mother on prenatal supplementation.
Table of Contents
1. Nature Made Prenatal Multi + DHA 200mg Softgels
If you are an expectant mother or a woman trying to get pregnant looking for a prenatal supplement, finding the best prenatal vitamin is real important to you. You need all the nutrition you can get and Nature Made Prenatal Multi+ DHA softgels could just be the supplements you are looking for. It’s one of the highest recommended and Amazon best sellers in terms of prenatal nutrition.
The supplements include all the key ingredients that expectant mothers and women trying to get pregnant needs. From folic acid, vitamin D, iron, calcium to omega-3 fatty acid, Nature Made has them all providing mothers and babies the essential building blocks they need. This supplement is just the right supplement that reflects Nature Made’s commitment to their customers’ health.
• Includes 90 counts of liquid softgels
• With no yeast, no starch, no gluten
• With no preservatives or artificial colors
• Provides key nutrients such as folic acid, vitamin D, iron, calcium and omega-3 fatty acid DHA
• May support eye and fetal brain development
• May help reduce the risk of having a child with spinal cord or brain defect
• Supports the mother’s bone health, cellular energy production, and development of healthy immune and nervous systems
• Good value for the money
• Easy to swallow due to being softgels
• Lot less expensive than those at the store
• Can sometimes smell and taste like fish/fish oil
• Formula lacks some important vitamins and minerals needed during pregnancy
2. Vitafusion Prenatal Gummy Vitamins
Vitafusion takes pride in being one of the best adult vitamin brands for prenatal nutrition. Vitafusion PreNatal is a complete multivitamin, with each gummy containing essential vitamins and minerals such as folic acid and Omega-3 DHA that every expectant mother needs.
But apart from the key nutrients, Vitafusion PreNatal gummies are popular because they’re delicious and don’t contain iron so they’re easy on the stomach. Additionally, the fish oil used in this supplement is high quality and purified as well as tested for heavy metals.
• Excellent source of Vitamins A, C, D, and E as well as folic acid and Omega-3 DHA
• Specially formulated for adults
• Made in the USA
• Comes in natural lemon and raspberry lemonade flavors
• Supports immune system
• Contains 242mg of Vitamin C
• Easy on the taste buds
• Effective even without iron
• Don’t make you nauseous like pills
• Can be taken even when you’re not pregnant
• Provides added nutrients that every adult body needs
• Sometimes gummies get stuck in the teeth
• Some doesn’t like the sugar on the gummies
• Might stain the teeth brown
3. Garden of Life Vitamin Code RAW Prenatal Supplement
What’s unique with Vitamin Code RAW Prenatal Supplement is it features an extensive, whole-food multi-nutrient formula. This formula is specifically designed to meet women’s unique needs during pre-conception, pregnancy and lactation period.
With this, all the necessary nourishment that both the Mom and her developing baby needs will be provided. Vitamin Code RAW Prenatal comes highly recommended for all the prenatal benefits it has to offer.
RAW means the supplement has no high heat, fillers, sweeteners, synthetic binders, artificial flavors, colors or additives that are often used in tablets. What’s more, with it being whole food means that the nutrients it provides are all blended based off of 23 fruits, vegetables, and some food cofactors.
• Formulated specifically for women based on nutritious RAW whole foods
• Designed to offer essential nutrients to both Mom and the baby during pregnancy and lactation stage
• Includes probiotics, vitamin D, zinc and ginger for digestive support
• Supports blood and heart health as it contains iron, Vitamins B-complex, C and E
• Includes folate for healthy development of neural tube
• Whole food vitamin that’s vegetarian, dairy-free and gluten-free
• No fillers or binders
• Food-based, organic and non-GMO prenatal multivitamin
• Easy to consume
• Great vitamins with quality ingredients
• Has some slightly strange flavor when you swallow them
• Good but not 100% complete
4. Rainbow Light Prenatal One Multivitamin
Rainbow Light prenatal multivitamin is one of the top prenatal vitamins for providing vitamins and minerals based on superfood extracts. These extracts are known to promote the healthy development of the baby and support their nutrition. In just one tablet, Rainbow Light prenatal vitamin supplies plant-source enzymes, probiotics and ginger juice.
One should also take note that it doesn’t contain wheat, sugar, lactose or dairy, gluten, soy, nuts, yeasts, shellfish or animal ingredients. More so, the multivitamin is free of any artificial colors, preservatives, sweeteners or additives. It’s but a completely safe and full of nutrients prenatal vitamins.
• Nourishing vitamins
• Supports brain and spinal development
• Supports blood, skin, bone and immune health
• Eases everyday discomforts of pregnancy
• Enhances digestion
• Vegan formula and high purity
• Made from whole foods
• Doesn’t upset your stomach
• Doesn’t make you nauseous
• Big pill but still easy on the tummy
• Tad expensive
• Complains of rancid smells
• Complains about black stuff on pills
5. New Chapter Perfect Best Prenatal Vitamins
During pregnancy, eating a variety of healthy foods is vital for the mother and the baby’s health. Aside from eating plenty of lean proteins, vegetables, fruits and whole grains, taking prenatal vitamins may supplement other needed nutrients.
On that note, New Chapter Perfect Prenatal Vitamins is one of the highest recommended prenatal vitamins you can take that provides consistent nutritional support. The supplement is made of certified quality ingredients including organic vegetables and herbs. It’s 100% digestible supplement to offer added nutrients for both mommy and baby.
• Can be taken any time even on empty stomach
• Formulated for pregnant women and those planning to be
• Includes whole-food nutrients such as Vitamin D3, iron, folate, etc.
• Provides nutrients for healthy pregnancy and optimum fetal development
• Great supplement
• Small in size thus easy to swallow
• Doesn’t have offensive taste or smell
• Easy to digest and doesn’t make you nauseous
• Doesn’t contain DHA so you need to take a separate pill for that
• A bit pricey